Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The Bionic Man

 Thanks to those who sent messages of support about my pacemaker appointment and those who just thought it.

Now I am at home after a successful fitting today. A bit sore but otherwise fine. It took three attempts to attach the ventral lead in a place where it got a good signal, but apart from that everything went smoothly.  It's too early to tell but the early signs that my symptoms are much improved and my pulse is now well in the normal range.

 More later.



7 comments:

Carol said...

Great news Neil and we're so pleased to hear that your symptoms are much improved already. x

Vallypee said...

That's excellent to hear, Neil! I'm so pleased you're already feeling better. Keep us posted on your progress!

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Amazing how quickly the body says "YES!!" to the pacemaker, isn't it?
Cheers, Marilyn

Jennie said...

Good news Neil, I hope you continue to make a good recovery. Jennie

Oakie said...

Good for you Neil to have joined this Bionic Man with two artificial hips and two stents. I hope you continue to improve and look forward to more tales of the cut. There are not many waterway bloggers left out there now that I used to read. Stronghold is now well on her way north from Braunston towards her resident mooring at Dutton Dry Dock, just south of Preston Brook Tunnel. Meanwhile, I am not missing her one iota, which I find rather strange, considering that just a couple of years ago I would have found the idea abhorrent.

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Great news Neil. May your pacemaker function as well as a good Timex watch: "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!"

Hugs to you both,

Jaq xxx

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Lets hope Widows doesn't decide to do an update while they are re-tunning you in 3 months time. It will make a new man of you.