Monday, April 07, 2014

Bent canal picture straightened

Ooh I’m not sure how I did it, but here’s one of yesterday’s pictures straightened out as seen on my PC screen. You can see that it has also picked out the spot on the map.

whilton pano

All I need to do now is work out what I clicked to make that happen!  I can’t seem to repeat it.

Here it is again cropped to a rectangle.

whilton pano crop

  Anyway it raises some interesting possibilities. How often do you get frustrated because you can’t get all of a scene in the picture?  Or is it just me?

3 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Neil,
It looks like your phone is GPS enabled (GPS - Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS)according to http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_5-5705.php
So I would guess that it's linking the GPS thru Google Maps from the information contained in your JPG file...
Unless anyone else knows different of course :)

Vallypee said...

I'm impressed you managed to straighten them! They look great!

Unknown said...

Love the photos Neil - do you know why Kevin Too has started speaking in tongues?