Saturday, October 11, 2008

Odd jobs

My Grand Union Ometer seems to be interesting to a lot of people. This weekend we are staying on Herbie but not moving, so I'll have time to do some odd jobs, including work on a Regents Canal Ometer. I might try and get my head round the problem of returning via alternative routes, like to Limehouse straight down, or via the Hertford cut and Bow. Hmmm.

I suppose I also ought to clean out the engine tray of a bit of oil and water , a mucky job, but I love it when it looks clean. Then there's topping up the battery water - so difficult when you can't get above them to see inside. Its all a test of resolve. Do I spend the weekend doing pleasant but unimportant jobs, or unpleasant but important ones. I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Sometimes the unpleasant but important ones end up being the most rewarding in terms of personal brownie points ;)