Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Week by the water

This time tomorrow and all next week I'll be by the water. Not the canal, not a river, but the tiny Ashes Water that tumbles over a hundred waterfalls down the Long Mynd in Shropshire. It gurgles over the stones past our tent, over the ford and down the lane where you can see the odd trout, and on to the George and Dragon where landlord Gary will pull us pints of Butty Bach bitter.

This is an annual pilgrimage for us and one of which I never tire. Look at these pictures all taken within a short walk from the campsite and you'll see why.



1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Ah Neil, before I read the text, I thought that the photos reminded me of the border country between Shropshire and Wales....seems I was close! Beautiful country, just beautiful.