Thursday, March 24, 2011

BW hoist by own petard at Brentford

BW workboat Langley nestles under the "shed" at Brentford basin.  Nothing unusual in that.


But let's look a tad closer.  What is that tied to the handrail?




A BW patrol notice!  Tee hee!  Probably telling them off for overstaying.  I wonder if they will have to fine themselves.

On a more serious note, I got a message from them that the East gauging lock at Brentford is closed pending repairs.  I think we can still use the other one of the pair when we go down on Sunday, otherwise our plans for a jubilant entry to the Thames are somewhat scuppered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Anonymous said...

That new telephoto lens is superb Neil. David.

Neil Corbett said...

David. I'm afraid I have to confess that the second picture was taken by walking closer - with my compact camera!