Well, that was Christmas. Our garden fence blew down in the gales, I got a cold, Kath got something worse that laid her low for two days, with a mountain of spuds and parsnips and swede to peel, we lost our peeler (probably thrown out with the last lot of peel), and with a musical event coming up tomorrow at which I am expected to play, I have cut my index finger tip (because I was using a knife instead of the peeler), and our dishwasher decided to stop working just before Christmas. Still we had a lovely time
So I thought to cheer us up, you can’t beat a good picture quiz. See if you can answer these questions, all based on photos taken on our summer cruise this year. Note, they are not in the order in which we travelled, they’re all mixed up. These are mostly tough questions, so if you get ‘em all right you’ll be a well travelled boater and a bit of a genius. 8 out of 10 would I think be a very good score indeed.
Question 1. See the signpost in this picture? The place names on the two arms both start with the same letter. What is it?
Question 2. Another signpost. Where is it?
3. Where’s this? A close look at the boat might help.
4. A lock gear mechanism. What navigation is this on?
5. Another signpost. What are the names on the fingers? Clue: one is a single word, the other is two words.
6. We cruised past this lock, but not through it. What canal are we looking at?
7. Where’s this?
8. Some might think this ridiculously difficult, but I’m betting some people will recognise it. This picture was taken at 5.40 in the morning as we approached this bridge! Where are we?
9. Where is this?
10 Finally, no –one gets 10 out of 10 in my quiz without being a genius. What breed of cattle is this? Seen not many minutes from the scene above.