Hmmm best of a bad lot I reckon. To tell you the truth I have taken a great number of not very good photos this year. Must try harder. If you take enough of course, some of them are bound to turn out alright, so here is a shortlist of five of mine from this year. If you could spare a sec to comment on which you like best, then that’ll be the winner of the Herbie Award for my best pic of the year. Click ‘em up big to see them properly.
1. First up is this one taken from the back of Herbie in Crick marina. It makes me feel cold to look at it.
2. Then this one taken at sundown along the Leicester Arm. It’s the colours that I like.
3. Our little Gracie taken at Watford Locks. She’s a great poser.
4. I had to blow up this picture a fair bit to get the heron big enough and so you could see the perch he has caught. So not technically a good shot, but a good subject.
5. I’m always trying to stop a heron in flight, and this time I managed it.
There you are then. None of them very good technically I think, but probably the best I could manage this year. Which do you like?
Now the answer to the little picture quiz in my last post. The aqueduct was the Edstone on the Stratford canal, and the tunnel was the rocky cutting just north of Armitage on the Trent & Mersey.