Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BW replies re Iron Bridge lock!!!!

Well, knock me down with a feather. You may recall that in a recent post I complained about the interminably slow Iron Bridge lock on the GU not being on BWs winter maintenance programme and said I had written to them about it. I had given up hope of any reply as so long had passed but today they emailed me. After apologising for the delay (oh alright I forgive you BW), comes this paragraph:

We are aware of the issues at Lock 77 and are monitoring it on a regular basis. Although works at Lock 77 were not in our original stoppage plan, we are currently looking at a way to add in some works to repair/reduce the leak during the stoppage season. We have not yet identified a specific period, but as soon as we have we will advertise the works on Waterscape. In the meantime, our Customer Operations team are monitoring the performance and will consider a minor improvement job if they feel this is the best course of action.

I'll take that as a definate maybe then. Fingers crossed.

No comments: