Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Christmas present for you

In time honoured tradition, (well we did it last year), here's a  special Christmas card as a big Thank You to all you lovely readers out there, who have kept me going with your comments throughout the year.  This is to keep you going until (shortly) I will reveal who gets this year's coveted Herbie Special Award.

Last year I posted a slide show of snow scenes with a short carol played by Kath and me.  No snow this year (yet), so I thought it might be nice to give you a short winter warmer show of pictures taken on summer evenings by the water.

Kath is too busy designing and making some Proper Christmas Cards this year to join me in the music so you'll have to put up with me playing a tune I wrote, called Even in the Darkest Night.  I have absolutely no idea why I call it that, the tune just somehow told me to. If it had any words, that would be the first line.  Anyway, the title seemed appropriate for the time of year.  Call it a carol if it helps:-).  Click the play button and away we go.



Disclaimer: As a result of compressing the file down to upload it, the picture quality leaves much to be desired, as does the sound recording.  Any faults in the actual music and its performance are entirely due to my own incompetence.

4 comments:

Halfie said...

Very good! I enjoyed the music. Happy Christmas to both of you.

Halfie & Jan.

KevinTOO said...

Happy Christmas to you too.
Kevin

Unknown said...

You have made me smile with that lovely playing and pictures. Happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely card - and great music.

If I can find a way to do a decent recording maybe I'll get my little choir to do something similar - next year that is.....

Happy Christmas and here's to a great cruising year in 2012!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream