Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Picture catch up

I've now had chance to retrieve and sort the photos from our trip, so over the next few days I'll share with you some of the more interesting ones.



First a shot of the chaos at the start of the Guildford raft race
Then the amazing Thomas the Tank Engine narrowboat that came only 3rd in the boat gathering pageant. I think they were a bit miffed. It was easily the best model but they lost points by having no music or antics I guess. Mind you, the wheels actually went round!



And then this boat seen at the gathering.




I thought the only paddle driven narrowboat was Savernake up at Uxbridge (featured on Waterworld on TV), but this one which moors at Guildford is also the genuine article and seems to motor along quite efficiently.


More soon.

No comments: