Friday, June 15, 2012

A picture of my dinner

I note on the news that some wee lassie from Scotland has had a million hits on her blog showing a picture of her school dinner and doing a critique of it.  A million hits eh?

Well, never one to miss jumping on a bandwagon, here is my dinner this evening

P1060221 (1024x744)

Reheated leftover minced beef and parsnip curry with rice and a green lentil daal to pad it out.  All cooked by my own fair hand.

Now I’m supposed to score it.

Appearance - 3 out of 5 - marred by the fact that it is in what is obviously a bowl meant for Italian cuisine instead of Indian.  There is also a stray grain of rice on the rim.

Flavour – 4 out of 5.  Everyone knows(or should know)  a curry is better if left to mature for a couple of days. One point knocked off because the spices had lost a bit of their punch.

Quantity – 3 out of 5.  Adequate only because the daal was nice and filling.

Nutritional value  - 3 out of 5.  Extra lean mince, but probably too much oil for my waistline.  A few sprigs of coriander does NOT count as one of your 5 a day.

That makes 13 out of 20.

All I have to do now is to wait for my million hits.  Fame at last.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Witty!!

Did you experience a hike in your hits when you published your jubilee posts? We're up 6,000 hits this month already - a bit of a way to go before we hit the million - I had a chinese takeaway for my dinner - I'll just grab the camera...

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Adam said...

Her hit count is getting near to three million now. I've been working on this story today, so I've been watching the counter tick round -- adding 150 hits a minute!

Anonymous said...

I think the girl also noted how many hairs she found in her dinner - you fail to mention your tally on this front ;-)
Carrie
(ps, looks tasty by the way)

Rainman said...

Strange what becomes popular. I thought your blogs on paint finish, battery condition and log drying were all winners.

Rick said...

It is interesting to note that the local authority jobsworths banned her from taking photos until the story became too big to contain.

Oakie said...

Does a pint of good English Ale count as one of your five a day? I do hope so!