Tuesday, September 04, 2018

The meaning of Forty Two

Hmm, what do you think the number forty two might represent?

A) the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything

B) my waist measurement in inches ( not quite )

C) the exact number of years to the day when Kath and I got married.

Answer: C

We were realistic about our chances, agreeing that if we got five happy years together the effort would have been worth it. On that score, we're doing pretty well. Kath reckons she's had three already!

Of course forty two is six times seven which means I should have had the seven year itch six times by now. I'll pass on that one. In fact I'll probably stick with Kath for good now, having failed to find anyone better.

How are we going to celebrate? Well we're out on the canal so the options are limited. It's a toss up between full English breakfast at Wetherspoons in Banbury or a slap up meal at The Great Western when we reach Aynho. I'm torn.


Well I wrote all that earlier, and now we are at Aynho so that's decided that one. I'm happy to report that despite the drought we are still finding good blackberries in the hedgerow, so our breakfast cereal will be augmented as usual.

Speaking of drought, the pound above Kings Sutton lock was perilously low. We heard lots of tales of groundings. We got through ok but it makes me wonder if we're going to get back up the canal on our return journey later this month.

Must finish now, the Great Western beckons. Hoping to meet up with Bones tomorrow. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Your posts make me smile :) Don't often comment but this one is worthy .... push the boat out man (all puns intended) .... after 42 year and so many itches go for breakfast as well !! Maybe skip the pint on the side?

Congrats on the 42, makes me feel immature at only 33 !

Best
PB, Newlands

David said...

Neil,
Both on your anniversary and voyage - happy returns.

David.

Carol said...

Happy anniversary to you both.

Vallypee said...

I’m late with this, Neil. I was going for A but C is brilliant! So rare these days! And you’ve both survived the itching (well I assume Kath has). Well done, congratulations and I hope you both enjoyed every mouthful of uour celebration!

Halfie said...

Even later than Vallypee (we've been quite busy with the birth of another grandson) ... but many congratulations from us too.