Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Best Day’s Cruise result

What a difficult one.  If I go on like this I’ll suffer from sleep deprivation. The problem is that the three cruises were so different from each other that it’s like comparing apples with oranges.  Those kind enough to send in comments can’t agree either.  Well i have made up my mind – for now at any rate.

Pause while presenter rips open golden envelope . . .

Aaaah. In the end it all boils down to sheer exhilaration.  The excitement of treading new ground, of overcoming obstacles and, well, just fun.    So the winner is not exactly the most restful cruise or the most scenic, but the one which felt like an adventure. 

The Herbie Award for Best day’s Cruise 2011 goes to

The ascent of the Birmingham and Fazeley canal into Farmers Bridge.
Here we are moored up at the end of the climb

P1050876 (1024x727)

Now I feel disappointed for the other two nomineesSad smile

Rick suggests I have a reader voted category for the best picture on the Herbie Blog this year.  Fine by me but, dear reader,  are you prepared to trawl back and look for a  favourite?   Or I could post a selection for you to choose from?  Rick also suggests I could have a premium rate phone line for the vote.  Now there’s an idea!

Tomorrow I’ll post the short list for Best Cruise on Someone Else’s Boat.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Post a selection please, maybe three?

KevinTOO said...

Hi Neil,
Can't you set up a gallery for each month/year... something similar to that which Sue of nb No Problem does?

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for the BCN - I cheered when I read the result - good choice!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Adam said...

Yes, good choice. Farmer's Bridge is one of my favourite flights of urban locks, especially going up because you get that great sense of arrival.

Halfie said...

I'm ridiculously pleased my vote "won"!