Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Something really scary

Last Saturday’s cruise was a teeny bit scary, but not so scary as what I have been doing today.  I’ve worked up the nerve to start the flowers on my can.  The first bit is easy.

prep

Just dobs of paint really.  But there was no getting away from it, I had to press on with an attempt at roses, or some kind of flowers anyway.  Spin the can through ninety degrees and here is where I have got to so far.

flowers1

The first petal stroke is the scariest, after that you just have to go for it. They’ll look OK from a few feet away, but don’t look too closely.  The design I have adopted is easy to paint at any rate, as long as you use a good brush and get the paint to the right thickness, each flower only take three or four minutes.  Not sure what to do on the bottom half of the can yet.  I might have a go at some daisies somewhere.

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

Really lovely, Neil! Well done you!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely - and obviously done on a steadier surface than Indigo Dream's kitchen counter on Saturday :-)

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Oakie said...

Looking good Neil. Maybe a few more veins on the leaves. Load of pics to collect on Google. Just search for roses & castles. I have a large collection of pics now, which I make use of when I want something different.

Oakie said...

Looking good Neil. Maybe a few more veins on the leaves. Load of pics to collect on Google. Just search for roses & castles. I have a large collection of pics now, which I make use of when I want something different.