Thursday, June 15, 2023

At the scene of former drama

 Here we are at the very spot at Hillmorton where Kath fell in the canal last year.  Strangely Kath opted not to deliver a repeat performance.


The boat won't get right against the bank which is what caused the problem.  Anyway this year we are prepared, having now got a ladder with us.

We only cruised about two and a half hours today so we were done by mid morning, having worked down Hillmorton locks.  Here's Kath bringing Herbie into the top one.


I haven't wasted the rest of the day. I've been doing such important things arranging my magnetic lettering to keep passers by amused.


On the other side it just says 'Scorchio'.  I did also do a bit of gunnel scratch rubbing down and sploshing on of Fertan ready for black paint later.

We decided not to eat at Badsey's cafe today - on the way back maybe.  I see the boat is still there though so maybe it's not sold yet.


Unusual sight of the day is this wall of pallets at Barby Moorings. Art? Yes, probably.


There are some cracking bankside moorings along there with little summer houses and wotnot.  If I had one I'd stay there all summer.  I wonder what they cost.



No comments: