Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Killing time

We're going about as slow as we can so that we don't reach Thames too early. Today we cruised for about an hour and a half to here at Somerton meadow. No troubles with canal depth today. It looks pretty normal actually. Across the meadow, the Cherwell has water in it, but it looks to me to be about eighteen inches below where it should be.


In the long hours sitting out here on the meadow I wrote a phone app that will help me record the latitude and longitude of a list of points along the canal as we pass. Maybe sometime I'll use the results to build a "where am I?" app for when I get senile. Anyone who has done any coding will know that the code doesn't have to be useful, it's just fun to see if you can do it.

Thrupp tomorrow if all goes to plan.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Haha, That made me chuckle. I could actually do with such an app now. I’m always getting lost and have zero sense of direction :) Lovely spot, though...wherever it is!