Thursday, April 09, 2009

Preparations for the voyage.

I expect you've seen those films where the young midshipman arrives at the seaport for his first voyage, and the quayside is covered with crates of pigs and chickens and matelots are scuttling up and down the gangplank with sea chests while others are busy splicing ropes or scrubbing decks. Well it's a tiny bit like that with Herbie at the moment as we prepare for our cruise.
Today I took out our second car load of bits and pieces. Clothing, freshly laundered sleeping bags for guest crew, our Cobb barbecue, maps and charts etc. Then I took Herbie for a short cruise down to the winding hole and back so now we are facing in the right direction. That got the engine oil nice and warm for me to change it and the oil filter and I replaced the alternator drive belt which was looking a bit worn.
At this point I had a picture to show you, but I can't get the b*%$*y thing to upload. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

I wish I could be one of your guest crew......