Saturday, June 11, 2011

Opportunism on the Cam

Whilst in Cambridge recently we spotted this punt.

Clearly not a new one, so it must have been renamed since The Wedding.  I hope they took it out of the water and walked three times round it backwards when they changed the name, or it'll be cursed and doomed to go down with all hands somewhere near Grantchester.  Naked opportunism I call it.

I haven't seen any boat names to make me smile recently, but although I generally deplore personalised car number plates, I did enjoy this one I spotted outside the fresh fish emporium in Camber Docks, Portsmouth.


You might need to click on it to see it bigger if the plate is too hard to read.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh dear, I didn't know you were suppose to walk three times round a renamed boat backwards.. Next time NP is out of the water I better do just that!

That Mitsubushi is very well known around the Camber.. W11 ELK with a handy bolt between the two ones makes everyone laugh in town!

You might need to change the feed on the latest blogs.. I think you have the old 'choiceforum' one which redirected to the proper one. I have dumped that server now, try http://noproblem.org.uk/blog/feed

PS This comment might have posted twice, I have an appauling internet connection where I am